. Spun out of CERN by a group of astrophysicists, Authorea aims to be a paradigm shift in how researchers communicate their research. Our team is small but ambitious and our tool is already being used at all 100 of the top 100 (Leiden Ranking) research universities. We also just closed a substantial funding round with brand-name VCs.
. We are a close group of researchers, programmers, developers, and product builders who are trying to fix some enormous fundamental problems in research. We're working in five key areas to help researchers: writing, citing, collaborating, hosting, and publishing research. Our goal is to advance substantially the pace of scientific innovation while laying waste to outdated and harmful things like paywalls and research that can't be reproduced.
. Authorea is a small team of 10 people working day and night to build the future of research. We only hire people with passion, subject matter expertise, and with little need for day-to-day guidance. We are a team building a product together, and you should be comfortable owning critical projects and helping us push our product development into light speed.
- Develop features from planning to finished result
- Contribute to product roadmap
- Work with Engineering and Product to execute aggressive roll-out plans
- Help deploy large infrastructure improvements
- Review code and manage developers
. It goes without saying that all of us at Authorea have a passion for startups and for Open Science. What we're doing is really important to us, and we think it's really important generally. We hope you will share this passion.
- 6+ years of web development experience
- Deep familiarity with Ruby/Rails
- Extensive knowledge of the modern front end stack, CSS/JS, React, Redux
- Obsession over product and pixel perfection
- History of completing projects on time and to spec
- A great team player with a positive attitude willing to help the team accomplish our goals